Free Initial Consultations
We offer free initial consultations by telephone and video conference (FaceTime or Skype). If you would like a free initial consultation, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fill out the contact form or give us a call on the number listed above. Our friendly staff will respond to your enquiry within 24 hours and answer any general questions you may have.
Many new enquiries are in relation to costs or an explanation of the patent, design or trade mark process. We are more than happy to explain this to you in your free initial consultation and can provide you with a guide to costs and the steps you need to take. However, until you become a formally engaged Client of Caska IP, we cannot provide you with any specific advice such as commenting on your specific invention or trade mark.
Accordingly, if you require detailed patent, trade mark or legal advice it is best to arrange for an general advice consultation or an Intellectual Property (“IP”) Strategy consultation as is further detailed below.
Intellectual Property Strategy Consultations
Most of our new clients are looking for expert advice and solid guidance as how to protect their inventions, designs and brands. For this reason, we have developed an Intellectual Property (“IP”) Strategy consultation which includes:
- One full hour with an Australian Patent & Trade Mark Attorney (either at our Sydney office, Newcastle Office or on the Central Coast);
- Guidance on how to best protect your particular Intellectual Property;
- An initial patent, design or trade mark search;
- Brief assessment as to the likelihood of obtaining a patent, design or trade mark based on the search results;
- Identification of any major issues we discover;
- A commercial analysis of your Intellectual Property;
- A letter or report summarising our advice and providing you with recommendations as to the best next steps.
Our IP Strategy consultations are charged at $330 (Inc. GST) and if you continue to file a patent, design or trade mark with Caska IP – then this cost is credited to your account (i.e. the IP Strategy consultation becomes free). If you do not proceed – then at least you will have expert guidance detailed in a written report. Our IP Strategy consultations are also available via video conference (FaceTime or Skype) and after hours (Weekdays 6pm to 8pm or Saturdays 9am to 1pm ).