Andrew CaskaPatent Attorney | Engineer | Innovator
- Patents, trade marks and designs
- Engineering, medical, computing, consumer products
- International filing, prosecution and enforcement
- Australian, NZ, USA, EU and Chinese Patent Law
- IP strategy
- IP deals and transactions
- Registered Australian & NZ Patent and Trademark Attorney
- Master of Industrial Property (UTS Law)
- Master of Engineering (Research) (USYD)
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Space) (Honors Class 1) (USYD)
- Bachelor of Science (Geoscience & Chemical Engineering Science) (USYD)
- Fellow of the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys
Andrew is the founder and principal of Caska IP. Andrew is a registered Australian Patent and Trademark Attorney and a registered New Zealand Patent Attorney. Andrew founded Caska IP in Newcastle in 2012 to provide the Hunter region with a fresh, specialised and more cost effective IP firm. Caska IP has since expanded to Sydney, and also maintains an Australia wide online practice.
Andrew has extensive experience in the preparation and filing of patent applications in Australia and overseas. Andrew has advised on complex patent and trade mark infringement matters, prepared patent opposition cases and prosecuted numerous applications before various patent offices including the Australian Patent Office, the US Patent Office, the European Patent Office and the Chinese Patent Office.
Caska IP delivers the results – being commercially viable and enforceable patent, trade mark and design rights.
Prior to founding Caska IP, Andrew was employed as a Patent Attorney at one of Australia’s largest intellectual property law firms, Davies Collison Cave. Andrew has also worked as a Consulting Engineer, as a Management Consultant and at the University of Sydney assisting with engineering and design education. Andrew has engineering and research qualifications and has been involved in research programs in some of the worlds most prestigious (and innovative) universities including Stanford University, California, USA. Andrew has most recently conducted further studies in computer science with a focus on modern computer networking and mobile computing applications (Apps).
Andrew has a particular interest in Australian inventors and innovative businesses. Technically, Andrew is interested in all types of technology, but has specialised skills in mechanical engineering, process and chemical engineering, radar and control systems, ocean, tidal and wave energy and mining related inventions. Andrew also has an active interest in computing technologies and is currently involved in several website and mobile application (App) development projects.